Following the easing of lockdown restrictions, we wanted to update you on the actions we are taking at Better Homes Yorkshire (BHY) to make sure we resume our service in the safest way possible for our customers and employees.
Our service is still temporarily on hold, however we are beginning to resume survey appointments for our central heating system offer, and have put in place the following guidance to ensure we are Covid-19 secure.
Before your survey appointment
When you book your appointment, we’ll ask if you or anyone in your home:
- has Covid-19 symptoms
- has received a letter from the NHS to say you are at high risk and are ‘shielding’
- has been told to self-quarantine
Our surveyor will also call ahead of your appointment on the day to see if anything has changed.
If you, or anyone in your home, has symptoms, is self-quarantining or is shielding, we will rearrange your appointment.
During your survey appointment
Our surveyors will:
- Wash/sanitise their hands before entering your home
- Wear disposable or protective gloves and a safety mask as appropriate during the job
- Keep at least two metres away from you at all times
- Where practicable, clean the work area before and after the survey, and any other touch points, with a paper towel and sanitiser or sanitiser wipe.
Where possible, we ask that you open doors/windows an hour before we enter the property, throughout the duration of the survey and an hour after vacating the property, to ensure ventilation throughout your home. The maximum time we would expect our surveyor in your property is between 45-60 minutes. We also ask that you vacate the work area and keep all internal doors open to minimise contact with door handles.
We thank you for your ongoing understanding and patience.
*Subject to survey
Better Homes Yorkshire - The Only Council Endorsed Energy Efficiency Scheme in the Leeds City Region