Following the latest lockdown restrictions, we wanted to update you on the actions we are taking at Better Homes Yorkshire (BHY) to make sure we conduct our service in the safest way possible for our customers and employees.
Our service has restarted, and we're now back surveying and installing all of the measures on offer under the Better Homes Yorkshire scheme, and we have put additional measures in place to ensure this is done in a safe manner.
Before your survey appointment
When you book your appointment, we’ll ask if you or anyone in your home:
- has Covid-19 symptoms
- has received a letter from the NHS to say you are at high risk and are ‘shielding’
- has been told to self-quarantine
Our surveyor will also call ahead of your appointment on the day to see if anything has changed.
If you, or anyone in your home, has symptoms, is self-quarantining or is shielding, we will rearrange your appointment.
During your survey appointment
Our surveyors will:
- Wash/sanitise their hands before entering your home
- Wear disposable or protective gloves and a safety mask as appropriate during the job
- Keep at least two metres away from you at all times
- Where practicable, clean the work area before and after the survey, and any other touch points, with a paper towel and sanitiser or sanitiser wipe.
Where possible, we ask that you open doors/windows an hour before we enter the property, throughout the duration of the survey and an hour after vacating the property, to ensure ventilation throughout your home. The maximum time we would expect our surveyor in your property is between 45-60 minutes. We also ask that you vacate the work area and keep all internal doors open to minimise contact with door handles.
We thank you for your ongoing understanding and patience.
*Subject to survey
Better Homes Yorkshire - The Only Council Endorsed Energy Efficiency Scheme in the Leeds City Region