Did you know that it’s Big Energy Saving Week this week?
Big Energy Saving Week is a national campaign to help people cut their energy bills and get all the financial support they are entitled to.
The week focuses on raising public awareness of how to save money on energy costs by switching energy supplier or tariff, accessing discounts or grants, and making homes more energy efficient.
Worried about the cost of your energy bills?
Firstly, why not check out the Citizens Advice energy price comparison tool here: https://energycompare.citizensadvice.org.uk to see if you can save money by switching energy tariff or supplier.
Secondly, fill in our enquiry form here: https://www.betterhomesyorkshire.co.uk/enquiries to see if you’re eligible for any grant funding or support towards making energy efficiency improvements to your home. Our improvements (found here: https://www.betterhomesyorkshire.co.uk/improvements.html) could help you cut hundreds of pounds off your bills.
Finally, even small changes to habits can make a difference, why not follow these quick and easy tips to help you save money on your energy bills:
• Switch off lights when leaving the room
• Turn appliances off at the wall
• Close your curtains to keep in the heat
• Tuck curtains in so that your heating is funnelled into the room, not towards the windows.
• Use the right hob size for the pan that you are cooking with
• Only boil the water you require when boiling the kettle
• Leave the oven door open after cooking to use the warmth for heating